DICE is giving us another Battlefield 4 CTE patch which includes, the revive bug fix, Paracel Storm optimizations, improved netcode, UI sliders to control the cluttering on your screen and more.
Battlefield 4 CTE Patch 17
This is what is included in this patch:
- Revive bug fix: No longer does ammunition and heath boxes block revives!
- Paracel Storm optimizations: We’ve optimized paracel storm for PS3 (and every other platform). We have changed the rock formation object, which is used extensively on the map, and the broken carrier object as well – please help us test this to make sure it is working correctly!
- Netcode: High Frequency Update – Added the “ON” option (forces 30hz). AUTO stays default. FrameHistoryTime testing concluded – we will be looking at our collected data, decide on a value and test this on all CTE servers soon.
- UI de-cluttering: Added advanced gameplay options sliders to control the transparency of the inventory, player status, vehicle occupancy and kill log HUD elements
Weapon Animation fixes:
Based on feedback from the Ask a DICE Weapons Animator! thread!
- Added functionality to be able to shoot when falling (not jumping): This change makes it possible to shoot when falling (past apex of jumps and falling off of objects). Significant spread to guns is applied when doing this however.
- Implemented BF3 soldier movement and sprint accelleration values: Also includes changes to when the soldier goes _into_ sprint – significant change from previous values on the CTE. We feel these values strikes a nice balance between more control, being able to get out of danger using sprint, and still staying true to the original BF4 movement.
Obliteration Competitive Improvements:
- Fix for interaction UI behaving erratically when trying to arm/defuse the bomb
- Reduced size of combat area to help reduce players from spawn camping from behind and the side.
- Fanned out the spawnpoints a bit so they’re not all clustered together and added a couple more spawnpoints.
- Fixed bomb that was out of bounds.
- Removed quad bikes.
- Ladders are disabled to limit roof access.
- Reduced combat area slightly to reduce potential back/side spawn camping.
- Moved traincar bomb site to the opposite side where it’s less exposed.
If you are coming back to CTE, uninstall before downloading the 37GB client.
Leave us a comment below if you think Battlefield 4 is awesome!